Friday, November 11, 2011

Japanese Sukiyaki 火鍋 - 好吃!

Hola!

What a nice hot pot I had today! I have been in Asia for around 10 years and I had never tried the Sukiyaki Japanese style before. I can really say that, the longer a western lives in Asia, the more he realizes about how little things we know about the vast cultural and culinary diversities. As a rule of thumb, never go to bed without learning something new ;-) 


The place is located in the ground floor of the Miramar shopping center or "美麗華百樂園", one of the most famous malls in Taipei after 101, Sogo and Mitsukoshi.


Yes, here is the playground, small place but really delicious.


Ok, the coolest thing is... if you have the Shopping center credit card (which is free and no annual commissions or hidden fees are applied ), thennnnnnn, you buy one and get one free!! I love this word, FREE, but not FEE!!!  


So, do not waste time and let´s go inside!! Here are the main tools and the cooking area.


And suddenly, the waitress came and set up kind of medieval shield between me and the burner. Why? I was not clear but I thought he wanted to do a magic trick and show the white rabbit afterwards... I had no idea so I just did the logical tactic, wait and see.


I took a look around and realized that I was the only one under the magic trick effect.


New customers arrived, so the waiters proceeded formulating again the spell. Here is how it really looks behind the medieval shield. Note the black glass is not petrol, but soya sauce (the real magic ingredient for this type of hot pot).


Now is clear and we can say that no rabbit will show up.


The medieval shield is gone and a wonderful dish appears, full of vegetables, mushrooms, toufu... love it!


Obviously, you can also prepare the sauce, whether spicy or not, up to you. I tasted the soup and was a little bit sweet (you can ask the warlock to add water).


Pork and chicken on the way to the battlefield!! Yes yes yes!!



And other reinforcements! Very very nice!


Sukiyaki hot pot is not cheap at all, you can see the price list in this panel.


But we paid 270 TWD for 2 people, each one 135 TWD or 3,40 Euros!!! Remember you need to have the Miramar Card.



No comments:

Post a Comment